Infants and toddlers don’t must miss out on the entire enjoyable festive meals this Christmas! The next 5 concepts are extremely easy, nutritious, seasonal (for Australia), versatile, and so yummy that the entire household will love them.
All of them look fairly spectacular too, so that they’re good to whip up and take with you to Christmas events with visitors of all ages. We hope you take pleasure in making these together with your little ones.
1. Festive fruit shapes
This Christmas-themed finger meals thought is by far the only. All you want is fruit plus some cookie cutters or a knife. No cooking or baking required. For instance:
- Reduce Christmas bushes out of small slices of watermelon by slicing the rind into thirds and trimming the outer elements to create a tree ‘trunk’.
- Use Christmas cookie cutters to chop shapes out of cantaloupe, apples, pineapple, or kiwi fruit. Alternatively, use a knife to chop out stars or hearts.
- Be happy to get as inventive as you want, and embellish the bushes or shapes with shredded coconut, or drizzles of yoghurt or coconut cream.
2. Frozen yoghurt bark
Frozen yoghurt bark is enjoyable and simple to make with toddlers. There’s no have to observe an actual recipe, so let your baby get inventive (and messy) with out you having to fret that it received’t work out.
It’s fantastic for teething bubs or to chill everybody down on a scorching day. To make it festive, you’ll be able to select crimson and inexperienced toppings.
- Pure Greek yoghurt or coconut yoghurt (about 500g)
- Kiwi fruit
- Shredded coconut
- Pomegranate seeds
- Finely chopped mint leaves
- Cowl a big baking tray with non-stick baking paper (make sure the tray will be capable to match within the freezer first!)
- Unfold the yoghurt in a skinny layer over the paper
- Put together your toppings. For the fruit, you may wish to reduce shapes out, finely slice, or chop into small chunks. To scale back the choking threat, guarantee any blueberries are reduce into at the least halves.
- Sprinkle the toppings on the yoghurt until your coronary heart’s content material.
- As soon as the yoghurt is adorned, pop the tray within the freezer for about 2-4 hours.
- As soon as frozen strong, snap the bark into smaller items, and put them into one other container and again into the freezer.
Now, you’ve received nutritious, refreshing snacks to tug out of the freezer anytime.
3. Merry mini muffins
Your child will love these muffins any time of day, and also you’ll be happy to know that they’re packed filled with goodness with none added sugar.
See our ‘Fundamental and versatile savoury mini muffin recipe’. The place it states 1 cup of veggies, you can make them Christmassy through the use of both (or all):
- Finely chopped child spinach or frozen pureed spinach (thawed)
- Roasted crimson and inexperienced capsicum items
- Semi-dried tomatoes, chopped
- Inexperienced olives, reduce into quarters
- Dried or recent herbs, corresponding to chives and parsley
4. ‘Xmas leftovers’ mini pies
Acquired some leftover Christmas Day turkey, hen, or ham, together with some leftover greens? Use them up in yummy mini pies to your baby (the remainder of the household will love them too) to cut back waste, lower your expenses, and inventory the fridge with a couple of prepared meals or snacks for the subsequent day or two. You’ll want a muffin tray to make them.
- 1 packet of frozen brief crust pastry
- 1-1½ cup of leftover shredded meat
- 1 cup of leftover or frozen greens, chopped into small items
- ½ cup of thick cream
- ¾ cup grated cheese of selection (plus additional for topping)
- Extra flavours corresponding to garlic and onion powder
- Preheat oven to 220℃ (or 200℃ for fan-forced).
- If utilizing frozen greens, gently warmth within the microwave or stovetop for 1-2 minutes till thawed.
- Take the pastry out of the freezer to thaw.
- Add meat, cream, cheese, and any seasoning to the greens in a big bowl.
- Grease a muffin tray or coat with baking spray.
- Utilizing a spherical biscuit cutter or glass with a diameter of about 10 cm, reduce out some circles and insert them into the muffin cups (it’s going to fill about half of the cup).
- Divide the filling into every mini pie. Sprinkle on some additional grated cheese.
- You may prefer to prime each with a small cut-out star of the pastry.
- Bake for about quarter-hour till golden and crunchy on prime.
- Enable the pies to chill for about 10 minutes within the muffin tray earlier than gently eradicating them.
5. Strawberry Santa hats
If you happen to’ve received a toddler, get them into the kitchen to assist with this simple festive fruit snack. In the event that they’re studying to make use of a kid-safe knife, even higher. Make it collectively at snack time to allow them to eat it right away.
All you’ll want is a few banana, strawberries, and thick yoghurt (a pouch works finest) or whipped cream.
- Slice banana into rounds
- Reduce off strawberry stems
- Place a strawberry on prime of the banana slice
- High strawberry with the yoghurt or whipped cream to create the ‘pom pom’
GIPHY App Key not set. Please check settings