VW Model Cupra has began taking pre-order deposits for the brand new “Born” electrical automotive in Australia and it actually throws down the gauntlet to Tesla in addition to Polestar with a price ticket beginning at $59,990 (earlier than on street prices).
With a claimed WLTP vary of 511km the brand new Cupra Born will little question entice a major quantity of curiosity from Aussies as we’re a rustic with excessive ranges of vary nervousness.
Potential consumers ought to concentrate on the fantastic print “Producer’s really helpful driveaway worth (MRDP) is indicative solely” as a result of as we all know Covid, provide chain points and actions within the Aussie greenback can change costs considerably.
Additionally remember the $1000 deposit has two elements should you cancel: $750 refundable and $250 not refundable.
The sportily styled quick hatchback has been promoting effectively abroad which isn’t shocking contemplating specs akin to 310Nm of torque and 170kW max energy enabling acceleration of 0-50km/2.8s and 0-100km/7s.
Cupra guarantees that the “77kWh (82kWh) battery means the CUPRA Born can ship as much as 511km of vary from a single cost.”
Different highlights embody:
- A 12” panoramic infotainment touchscreen system with Android Auto and Apple Carplay.
- Leather-based heated multifunction steering wheel.
- EAQUAL sustainably made lumbar-support bucket seats
- LED headlamps with Gentle Help
- Security: Adaptive Cruise Management, Park Help, Rear Visitors Alert, Pre-Crash Help, Exit Warning
Optionally available extras embody:
- Inside Package deal – Blue Dinamica (microfleece) heated therapeutic massage seats within the entrance and premium beats sound system
- Efficiency Package deal – Dynamic Chassis Management, 20″ Firestorm Alloy wheels and a large tyre bundle. Word this non-compulsory Efficiency Package deal reduces the vary to WLTP 475km.
- Metallic paint – Aurora Blue premium metallic paint.
What do you consider the Cupra Born?