How would you wish to construct a bit stash of breast milk with out the trouble of pumping? It’s truly doable with a silicone breast milk collector, which is a wonderful little breastfeeding device designed to be hooked up to 1 breast while feeding from the opposite. It collects each treasured drop of milk throughout let-down that may in any other case have leaked into your breast pad and gone to waste.
Right here we information you thru the best way to use a breast milk collector, and why one could be your subsequent breastfeeding companion.
What’s a silicone breast milk collector?
A milk collector is a small, one-piece gadget created from smooth 100% food-grade silicone and with out BPA. They’re leak-proof, moveable, silent, and simple to make use of. In contrast to a handbook breast pump, they don’t generate any sucking cycles to actively take away milk from the breast. As an alternative, they merely connect to 1 breast whilst you nurse and use the physique’s pure response to breastfeeding. The nifty clip-on lanyard minimises spilling and supplies peace of thoughts throughout use.
Why would I wish to use a milk collector?
Utilizing a milk collector means no extra milk being misplaced to your breast pads. Whether or not you leak quite a bit throughout let-down, or it’s just some drops every feed, that shortly provides up over a day. It’s such a easy solution to save that liquid gold and preserve a stash obtainable for once you’re away out of your child.
The bonus is that they’re hands-free and utterly silent. The stopper and lid signifies that they’re leak-proof, and since they’re small and light-weight, you may pop it in your bag and take it with you once you’re out and about. Then, simply retailer the milk in a breast milk storage bag or bottle for once you want it.
How you can use your silicone breast milk collector?
Earlier than and after every use:
- Wash your milk collector after every use and when utilizing it for the primary time, both by hand or within the dishwasher (prime rack solely). Take away the lanyard earlier than cleansing.
- Sanitise your milk collector earlier than and after every use. Both use the boiling methodology for 3 minutes with loads of water to cowl all components, or a microwave steriliser.
To make use of while breastfeeding from the opposite breast:
- Connect the lanyard to the collector with the clip and place it round your neck.
- Squeeze the centre of the milk collector physique.
- Place the defend in opposition to the breast.
- Centre your nipple to kind an hermetic seal.
- Then, let nature do the remaining!
- To take away, maintain the collector and gently squeeze the defend.
- Insert the stopper earlier than inserting the collector down.
- Use the suction base to keep away from it tipping over.
To retailer collected breast milk:
For brief-term storage, place the cap on prime.
For long run storage, pour it right into a storage bottle or bag. Place it within the fridge or freezer.
Learn our suggestions for storing and thawing breast milk.