As mother and father, we’re at all times on the point of a transition interval with our youngsters. Whether or not we’re transitioning child from swaddle to sleep sack, from bassinet to crib, or from a bottle to a cup, we’re on the hunt for merchandise to assist ease the transition for our child and us! Whether or not our child is breastfed or bottle-fed (or maybe each), they’ll finally must transition to a cup. However, you would possibly ask, “How can we do this? And what cup ought to we use?” PopYum has a brand new silicone coaching cup designed to assist mother and father and infants transition from bottle to cup simpler.
When to Transition to a Coaching Cup
Consultants suggest transitioning from the bottle to a coaching cup in round one yr. Many children are prepared to begin about six months, however both method, in case your child stays on the bottle too lengthy, they’re at an elevated danger for cavities and different well being issues.1
Why We Love the PopYum Coaching Cup
We’ve transitioned with every of our youngsters between six months and one yr. I solely want I had the PopYum coaching cup with our two older children! I just lately had the chance to attempt it out with our 1-year-old, and I do know different mother and father will love these cups as a lot as I do.
The PopYum silicone coaching cup has many nice options that may make it a staple in your house:
- They characteristic a large base, non-slip floor, and bottom-heavy design, making the cup tip-resistant.
- The silicone materials is versatile and unbreakable, so we mother and father don’t have to fret about it falling aside when it’s inevitably dropped (or thrown, in case your children are something like mine).
- PopYum affords two fashions for his or her coaching cups. One with handles and one with out, and so they are available in varied colours, so there’s a cup that’s good for each child.
- They’re additionally massive sufficient to carry small finger meals and yummy snacks like reduce fruits, veggies, crackers, and extra.
- As a result of PopYum cares about making mother and father’ lives simpler, the cups are dishwasher-safe, microwavable, and freezer-safe.
- They’re additionally stackable – you possibly can stack them in your cabinet to avoid wasting house.
- And since PopYum cares about children’ security, their coaching cups are product of premium stain- and odor-resistant silicone, freed from BPA, BPS, PVC, latex, and phthalates.
The way to Introduce a Coaching Cup
Your baby must be prepared to begin transitioning from a bottle to a cup round six months, which is true across the time when most youngsters are launched to some stable meals. If you introduce your child to a cup, you’ll maintain it and assist them pour small sips into their mouth.
At round six months outdated, infants don’t want greater than about an oz or so of water since they’re nonetheless on breast milk or method. When they’re prepared for a little bit extra independence with an open cup, the PopYum silicone coaching cups are nice as a result of they’re designed with novices in thoughts. They should tip the cup again to drink like a bottle. However in contrast to a bottle, they might want to learn to grade their drive, in order that they don’t find yourself spilling your entire cup’s contents throughout their face.1
Keep in mind, They’re Studying!
At first, they’re going to spill. They’ll pour all of it out, get it throughout their face, and down their garments. However it’s okay as a result of they’re studying. They could have extra success with barely thicker drinks at first. When our infants have been studying, I’d purée some frozen fruit right into a thinner smoothie consistency. You can additionally water down some yogurt or buy drinkable yogurt out of your native grocery retailer as a result of thicker liquids are barely extra manageable for them to regulate in an open cup. Thicker liquids pour out slower than one thing like water or milk. Observe with very small quantities at a time, too, in order that they spill much less after they tilt the cup.
They can even must grasp sure oral motor expertise, like easy methods to shut their lips across the fringe of the cup and easy methods to time their swallowing appropriately. PopYum’s coaching cups assist promote these oral motor expertise, and so they make them from a delicate silicone materials that’s secure and straightforward on their growing tooth and gums.
PopYum’s silicone coaching cups are an effective way to introduce your baby to an open cup and transition them from a bottle to a cup. Our 1-year-old loves utilizing them, and I like how sturdy they’re for her to follow with. I additionally love how straightforward they’re to wash. Youngsters and oldsters alike are going to fall in love with these. Whether or not you will have a child who’s getting near the age of transitioning away from the bottle or a toddler who enjoys their independence (don’t all of them), the PopYum silicone coaching cup is a parenting WIN! You’ll want to get yours right here on your little ones!